A printed business card is a stable of the business world. It’s a quick and cost-effective way to share your information. It also makes it easy for potential leads to recall you and your business.
A business card contains your contact information. It holds your name, company name, business address, brand logo, website, social media handles, and phone numbers.
Interested in making your own business cards? Here is information you need to make a memorable card.
Business card size
In the U.S. and Canada, the standard business card size is 3.5” x 2”.
Your business card is an essential part of your brand identity. Make sure you have all these pieces together before starting your card.
· Logo: Be sure to include your brand logo. If you need a logo, contact a graphic designer. They can create a memorable logo for you.
· Brand colors: The colors you are using in your logo and on your website are your brand colors. Set the right mood for your brand with the right colors. Not sure which colors work for your business? Again, a graphic designer can point you in the right direction.
What to put on a business card
You don’t want your card to be cluttered with too much information. And don’t make the font smaller to get it all to fit. That will just make your card unreadable!
Here’s what you should have on your business card:
· Logo: Your brand logo adds professionalism and credibility. Let it stand out.
· Your name: People want to connect with a person, so be sure your name is on the card. You’d be surprised at the number of business cards we’ve come across that don’t have the person’s name on them!
· Your job title: Are you the CEO, Founder, or Marketing Manager for your company? Jog people’s memory with a couple of words about your role in the company.
· Company name: Be sure to include your business’ name!
· Tagline: This is optional, but if you have a tagline (a concise explanation of what your company does), you can include it on the card.
· Website: Include your web address. A website legitimizes your business and that’s one of the first places people check to see what you have to offer.
· Contact details: This is your phone number and email address. If you have a brick-and-mortar location, you can include your street address and office phone as well.
· Social media handles: If your social media handles are relevant to your line of work, include them too so people can easily follow you.
Back of the card
Don’t forget about the back of the card. We always say, when you leave that blank, it’s like driving past a blank billboard. You’re missing out on another way to market your brand.
Use the back of the business card to list some of your offerings. This is just another reminder of how you can help them.
Before you print your business cards, proofread to check that all the information on your card is accurate, everything is spelled correctly, and it looks the way you want it to look.
If everything is good to go, it’s time to send it to the printer.
Do you need help designing your perfect business card? Contact Blue Lilac Marketing! We are expert graphic designers who love helping small business owners shine!